Search This Blog

Thursday, January 31, 2019

On the front page, no less

The sub-head on a picture on the front page of 'The Globe and Mail' today read, ".....after being told their son was killed......"  It referred to the Humboldt tragedy and contained two glaring grammatical errors.  Should have read "......after having been told their son had been killed....."

Hard to believe!  I was going to write a note to the editor, but he'd probably ban me from the letters' page.  Did send it to my old pal, sports writer Roy McGregor, so I'll see what he says because we were both trained by the ruthless Mrs. Jean Portugal and her brutal red pen. 

I'll let you know. 

Note:  My columnist friend said to sent the letter to the editor, which I did.  He replied and said he would forward it on to the appropriate editor responsible.  I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment