Search This Blog

Monday, January 21, 2019

Seven

That's how many newborns have been taken from one 33-year-old native woman who recently gave birth again in Winnipeg.  With alcohol problems, why does she keep getting pregnant and delivering children who probably have fetal-alcohol syndrome?

Sorry, but a generation ago, such women were sterilized and I think it was a good idea.  In fact, this woman recently found out she was pregnant yet again and had an abortion.  OMG!  What is wrong with this person?! 

In the West alone, three native babies are taken into care every day.  Every day!  In Manitoba, 90 percent of the 11,143 children in care are native; in B.C. it's 45 percent.  In this case, all the fathers of her babies beat her and that, coupled with her booze problem, got her children taken away from her.  And she wonders why?!!  If ever there were a case for forced sterilization, she's it.  But guess who they're blaming it on?  Yep, residential schools.  Why not?!
_______________________________________________

What's the deal with all the transgendered youth?  In my day, boyish girls were simply "tomboys".  No one told them to have a sex change.  They either remained tomboys, or morphed into females.  And boys who had a strong feminine side were not automatically considered "gay" or trapped in the wrong bodies.  They may have been gay, or they may have been heterosexual, either way, it all came out in the wash, as they say.

Today, I would have been considered transgendered, so boyish was I.  I would not wear girls' clothes, I did not play with girls and I insisted on having a boy doll (which must have been extremely difficult for my mother to produce under the tree at Christmas).  In university, I dated a professor who was so effeminate everyone assumed he was gay.  I can assure you he was not.  Neither was he "bi".  Funnily enough, when I met B he said, "You're not really a woman.  You act like a man."  I took it as a compliment. 

 



  

No comments:

Post a Comment