Search This Blog

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Everything's easy when you know how

No matter what I used, or how many times I tried, I could not get the bowl stain-free.  Over the past two years since we moved in I have tried everything, but the black streaks remained.  "Looks like they poured something down the toilet," said the young plumber today when he came to install the new powder-room toilet.

I was hoping to get a shot of a plumber's butt crack, but this young man was not your stereotypical plumber.  Hailing from Belfast, he was polite and trim and a delight to chat with.  "I don't give a hoot about all that religious conflict in Belfast," he said when I asked him if he had left because of it.  "I left because I could only find work two days a week," he replied.  Here in Calgary, he is run off his feet.  This is a booming town. 

I was sick of telling guests that no, the toilet was not soiled, it was stained.  Hauled myself off to Rona and bought a new one.  With the installation it was $418!  Took the professional 30 minutes, but as B is not handy in any way, shape or form, it would have taken me forever.  As I said, everything's easy when you know how. 

So, my gleaming toilet is sitting pretty in my powder room, all ready for Christmas.   

No comments:

Post a Comment