Search This Blog

Friday, December 27, 2013

Everything's free?

Christmas TV is filled with ads for "free" everything, but the ones that completely baffle me are for cell phones and insurance.  How can you possibly know which "free" stuff, or "cheaper" stuff is really free and/or cheaper?

You can't. 

The pitchmen flogging cell phones -- especially that annoying has-been-never-was Tie Domi -- claim that all the features are free, no charge for data, talking and texting and nothing to pay for a hundred years.  Yeah, like that's true.  Who can tell which plan to buy? 

And as for insurance, every company swears it can save you hundreds of dollars.  It's all so ridiculous and confusing.  Me?  I'm sticking to the big guys, except for my cell plan.  When we moved to Calgary, I had NO idea what plan to opt for?  So, I asked the guy who was installing my dishwasher.  What better expert to consult?  "Lady, I have had them all and the best one is Koodo."  So, we went with that.  But I now second-guess myself, what with the scores of other plans and "free" everything.

As for insurance, I hate that ugly girl in white who pushes.........now, you see..........I can't even remember her product, but she is so stupid and annoying I would never buy it -- even if I could remember what it was. 

Another problem I have is navigating through all the hotels.com, trivago and priceline ads.....among others.  What a dog's breakfast.          

No comments:

Post a Comment