Search This Blog

Thursday, December 19, 2013

Most respected job in Canada

Not surprisingly, firefighter is the most respected profession in Canada -- hats off to my son-in-law, one of Calgary's finest.  In the US, firefighters are third, right behind astronauts (number one) and doctors (number two).  Surprises me about doctors, but I guess because there is no compassionate universal health care in the US, they are seen as rich businessmen.   

And that's one of the big differences between the US and Canada: the worship of money.  They do, we don't.

But back to firefighters because last evening I was surprised to hear someone say that Americans don't really respect the profession and think it's a sort of lower profession.  What??!!, I exclaimed.  "How could you not respect firefighters?"  So, I googled the matter and it turns out the Texan who voiced this opinion was dead-wrong.  Of course I knew this because firefighters are respected worldwide, as they should be. 

People should consult the facts before they open their mouths.       

No comments:

Post a Comment