Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Used the flashers

Didn't want to be one of the 3,000 prang-ups here over the last week, what with all the cold weather, snow and ice.  Hence, I drove around with my flashers on at all times to tell people, "Hey, I am not going to drive as if it were July.  I am going to drive slowly and leave lots of distance between me and the next guy."

Unfortunately, I am almost alone with this M.O. because few drivers in Calgary adapt their driving to weather conditions.  Duh!  It's business as usual, thus the 3,000 crack-ups.  My firefighter son-in-law has been run off his feet with the mess, so to give him a break, I picked up grandson yesterday for a day of Christmas doings.  First, we trimmed the tree.  With Christmas music playing, he personally decorated the tree, placing most of the ornaments on one or two lower branches.  Too adorable.  But he "got it". 

Just to be completely stupid, I decided we would attend the Mount St. Francis Nativity Pageant -- regardless of the freezing cold.  St. Francis is tucked way back in the woods outside of Cochrane and to get there you have to wind your way down many country roads and lanes.  Never mind, we arrived safe and sound.  "If you want to see the horsies, you have to put on your snow pants," I told grandson as we prepared to venture outside.  Originally adamant he would not, he complied.

Hot dogs, chilli and hot chocolate later, we learned that it was even too cold for the "horsies", so we bade farewell.  We will be back next year for the Pageant.         

1 comment:

  1. What a positively beguiling story. With so much of the True Meaning of Christ-mas in it.
    Thanks for sharing. I can visualize it all !!! Your the best, as good as it gets.

    ReplyDelete