Search This Blog

Friday, December 6, 2013

Who ever said Marilyn was dumb?!

There she is, 51 years after her death, the face of Channel No. 5 in print and on TV.  Apparently, no female star has been able to eclipse her.  Bite me Angelina Jolie. 

Google "Marilyn" and hers will be the second name to pop up, which shows you just how powerful she remains.  Fifteen, I was in Ogunquit Maine on vacation with my family when the news flashed that she had died.  As with Kennedy, I remember exactly where I was.  Portrayed as a bimbo, she certainly was not.  Here are a few of her bon mots and memorable quotes:

"It's better to be unhappy alone than unhappy with someone.

"Before marriage, a girl has to make love to a man to hold him.  After marriage, she has to hold him to make love to him.

"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure.  I make mistakes, I'm out-of-control and at times hard to handle.  But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

"I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it.

"I don't know who invented high heels, but all women owe him a lot.

"A career is wonderful, but you can't curl up with it on a cold night.

"Hollywood is a place where they'll pay you a thousand dollars for a kiss and fifty cents for your soul."

About a profound as I've heard from any woman.   

1 comment:

  1. AGREE 100% - one funny witty, beautiful, amazing
    woman. God Rest Her Soul.

    ReplyDelete