Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

A complete reversal

So now we find out that mammograms and early screening make no difference in the diagnosis and survival of women with breast cancer.  I could have told you that.  I firmly believe you're either going to get it, or you're not.  I think it's primarily genetic.

Before I suffered through one last year, I hadn't had a mammogram for 25 years, but knew I didn't have breast cancer.  The other thing that helps is nursing your children for many months -- although when I offered that theory to my doctor, she said....."if you're going to get it, you're going to get it.  Nursing doesn't help".

So there you have it.  Another example of a women's health issue that gets inconsistent and unreliable attention.  Now, if we were talking about prostate cancer..............!    

No comments:

Post a Comment