Search This Blog

Friday, February 28, 2014

Fat and fatter

Every time someone walked to the washroom on the plane, they had to wait and since we were in row 1, I had the pleasure of staring at one fat ass after another. I swear I don't know how they fit into a regular seat?! We were on our way to Palm Springs to escape some very dire weather in Calgary. Once here, I started to see why Americans are so fat. They eat too much! The portions are ridiculous. We have taken to ordering one dish and spliting it and even then...... But the weather is glorious. I plan on taking every hokey tour on offer -- Frank Sinatra's house, Dinah Shore's, Bob Hope -- even Gerald Ford's. All the roads are named after dead stars, we are staying on Dinah Shore Boulevard. I feel right at home, what with a ton of Canada geese lounging all over the golf course we are located beside. The place is also rife with ducks who join us every day on our balcony. Lots of Mexicans here, they do most of the work so the Americans can spend all their time eating....and eating....and eating....The pool I have to use is so small I have to do 100 laps to get my usual 50 in. People stare at me as if I am insane -- maybe I am! Hit a GIGANTIC Walmart yesterday to stock up on stuff for the room. Thought I was seeing things when I walked past a promotion for wine. Pinot Grigio for, wait for it....$1.97 a bottle! It was crazy. We do get hit hard in Canada when it comes to booze. We are going to the Indian Wells Tennis Tournament for a few days next week. All the major stars will be there, but for some reason it is not really covered. Well, more news later......

1 comment:

  1. You are so fortunate to be in Palm Springs. Jack and I went there twice and loved it. Did all the same tours.
    Visited a famous Artist (can't remember his name!)
    Any-ho enjoy the great times in life they pass very quickly. I am going to an Academy Awards Party with the former Prime Minister & wife on Sunday!!! Hurray for Hollywood! Hugs, me Big B.!!!

    ReplyDelete