Search This Blog

Friday, November 2, 2012

Geez Wendy......!!

More often than not, CBC's Wendy Mesley dresses -- if not fashionably -- then appropriately when she anchors The National.  Tonight she looked like a waiter:  black, tuxedo vest over a bulky white shirt.  And a string of pearls to top off the mis-match.  Yikes! 

It was a fashion disaster. 

She needs to take a page from CTV's Marcia MacMillan.  Coincidentally, Ms. MacMillan also wore black and white tonight, but her outfit positively dazzled.  The so-elegant Marcia has it going on, as they say.  And why is Wendy slavishly devoted to those boring diamond studs she sports every friggin' evening?!  OK, OK, some guy gave you diamond studs.  We have all had guys give us diamond studs, but get over it and wear earrings with a smidgen of style to offset your cropped hair -- which, by the way I love.  That "do" works for her perfectly.

Well, now that I've blown that off my chest, I feel better.

p.s.  Just had a flashback.  At a Knights of Columbus dinner a few years ago, a wife approached me and announced she had just graduated as a "professional stylist".  Standing there, in her plastic, black dress, ugly low pumps and dyed-blonde hair, she said, "I could help you accessorize.  What I do is come into your home and go through your closet to help you dress better."  All this while she bold-faced stood there, sporting pathetic 1/2-inch gold and diamond mall earrings and a cheap gold chain around her neck.  Girl, I could give a clinic on accessorizing.  The nerve!

Je pense que non, I don't think so.   

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Ok if I ever get over this infected eye - I am going to send you a new hat - WHY? Because I want to see you in a new one!!!!
    So funny you mentioning Wendy Mesley's outfit last evening!!!! I thought the very same thing.
    However, got to admire her courage. She almost died about 8 yrs ago with Cancer and had to have her head shaved. Thus the short hair. However, he is great at her job. Amanda Lang is another one - I truly admire her as she NEVER wears any jewellery - but hey, if I were that beautiful I probably would'nt - NO that is a lie - I have always worn jewellery and loved it. Have a great week and I'll be in touch. Barbara Ann MacMahon-Firestone

    ReplyDelete