Search This Blog

Monday, November 12, 2012

They were -- and are -- great

Actually sat in the car in the grocery store parking lot until the song was over.  'The Last Time', by the Rolling Stones was playing and I could not get out of the car until it had finished. 

"Well, I told you once and I told you twice, dum-do-do-do-do-do, so you'd better listen to my advice, dum-do-do-do-do-do, it don't take very much to please me, dum-do-do-do-do-do, so what you know and it should be easy, dum-do-do-do-do-do....Well this could be the last time, this could the last time, baby the last time, I don't know..."

What a great tune.  A few minutes ago the classic rock station here in Calgary just played another great Stone's tune:  "Hey, you, get off 'of my cloud".  They really are a great band. 

Read Keith Richard's bio, "Life", and it was captivating.  He really lays it bear. 

Didn't we all grow up with The Stones.  And what do I have to say about "Satisfaction".  Nothing.     

No comments:

Post a Comment