Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

The Prairie farmer and beards

Thomas Mulcair is here in Alberta doing and blabbing about............whatever.  I watched him this evening, interviewed by Don Martin on 'Power and Politics'.  Here are Mulcair's problems in Alberta:  a) I had no idea what he was saying, b) he has a beard, and c) he is fat. 

For the average, hard-working, early-rising, lean, silent, clean-shaven and hungry Prairie Farmer, having a beard is akin to being too lazy to get out of bed early enough to shave.  I kid you not!  The other problem with Mulcair is that, as a chubby guy, he cannot relate to the average stick-thin Prairie farmer.  He is just too "cosmopolitan".  I mean, the guy is a well-educated, but stupid, Montrealer.  

I usually call these guys "bone-headed intellectuals".  Haven't we all met many of them?  Well-meaning, but confused. 

Yes, I LOVE Alberta (except for Redford). 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment