Search This Blog

Sunday, November 18, 2012

More horses in The Royal York

Well, that's what we can look forward to, as Calgary just defeated BC in the Western final for the Grey Cup.  With Toronto having won the Eastern final, it will be a real barn burner when the Grey Cup takes place there shortly. 

Calgary fans have already booked a train to Toronto, complete with cowboys and horses.  The first time they rode horseback up the steps of that venerable old lady, The Royal York Hotel, was back in 1948.  It'll happen again, believe you me!  The Stampede will be invading Toronto with bells on.

My only problem is who to cheer for?  Having met a bunch of Argo players in Regina, I feel I have to cheer them on.  Think I'll hit a sports bar for the first time in my life to watch the game.    

2 comments:

  1. Wish you would come here and watch it with me.
    This is always your home when you come - don't forget that. I'll bet you a hat and piece of
    fur that they DO NOT RIDE IN THE ROYAL YORK,
    This is 2012 not 1948!!!!
    Ontarians are too uptight for that!!!!!!!
    Great pictures of you & B - love the Jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bets here that they will ride a horse into the Royal York. Heard a guy on the radio who is part of the Calgary "train gang" that they will be getting horses in Toronto. "I hope we don't get skitish ones because we intend to repeat 1948!"

    Wouldn't that be hilarious!

    ReplyDelete