Search This Blog

Saturday, March 1, 2014

Whoa!

It was described as a "bistro" in the hotel guide book, but when we went for lunch yesterday I realized the book had been very out-of-date! This was a classy French restaurant and Friday's are the fashion show days. The place was packed with very rich and "not fat" women. I was very glad I had "dressed" for the occasion, but poor "B", always dressed to the back teeth, was in jeans! The owner, a very gracious/gorgeous broad, ushered us in and we enjoyed some of the best food and service I can remember. The models were lovely, but the outfits....well, not so much. One dress was $4,500! I wouldn't have worn it. And the shoes didn't quite match the hats...not an anchored outfit. It's raining here, a side effect of the floods in Los Angeles. But at least it's not snow! Yesterday my phone rang. "It's D, I have inoperable brain cancer," said one of my good friends with whom I swim every day. I was devastated. "When you get back, come over so we can cry and drink," she added. I knew something was wrong when her arm suddenly became paralyzed a couple of weeks ago. Physio was doing nothing so it was odd. I thought it might have been a stroke, but when the other shoe dropped it was crushing. Live every day, don't put anything off. That's why we decided to come to Palm Springs. Why not?

1 comment:

  1. WOW, I am so sory6 about your friend. What a horrendous message to get on a little holiday - which you and B certainly deserve. You are always helping others and your familys. So happy you got out of the cold and snow. Which I could say the same!! Had bronchial pneumonia!!!! Then some infection in my right leg - getting OLD IS NOT FOR SISSYS!! Hugs, B.

    ReplyDelete