Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Done

Well, went to Indian Wells and that's that.  Won't go tomorrow.  WAY too hot and it's only women's play.  Sorry to be such a male chauvinist, but I don't really enjoy watching the women pound it from the baseline -- their only game -- until someone hits it out or into the net.  Nothing but unforced errors.  Boring.

Lots of very rich people here -- ourselves excluded.  Lots of X-Ray thin women here too -- a ton of money and they eat salad.  Boring.  And ugly.  You know girls, you can be too old to be too thin.  We all need a little weight on us, minus the cellulite....yuck.

Sitting on a bench out of the sun, met a man who is doing a book on Canadian/American relationships.  "Why would any American give a sh-t about Canada?" I asked.  He didn't really have an answer, but proceeded to interview me because of my many Canadian/American connections.  Both my biological and adoptive fathers were Americans, my step-daughter is married to an American/Texan and B's grandchildren are both American.  "Do they not have dual citizenship?" he admonished.  They should have, but I have no control over that fiasco.  If you have the option of giving your kids Canadian citizenship, why would you not??  And step-daughter trots out the Canadian flag and T-shirts on all occasions.  No clue why her kids are not half Canadian?

Another tale for another day...or not.        

1 comment:

  1. We are the LARGEST TRADING PARTNER of the great United States of America. I think a book on the subject would be very interesting. Our summer home growing up was in Niagara-on-the-Lake - my parents had many many American friends - like J.C.Penny who
    proposed to my mother after my father died. These were wonderful people. My Aunt married a member of the famous Whitmore Acting family and lived on Central Park for 20yrs. Most Americans know nothing about Canada or anyonelse for that matter. A book is a good idea. We are their laragest trading partner after-all.
    Call me when you get back to Canada!! All the best,
    B.

    ReplyDelete