Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Sometimes I'm dumb

"Oh, you don't have to tip them, you have paid enough here," said the desk clerk when B asked about the protocol for dealing with the jitney drivers who circulate this sprawling resort.  It's about a mile from end-to-end, so one has to rely on these vehicles to get around. 



The other morning I ordered one at 7 to take me to the largest pool at the other end of our complex.  "Please pick me up 40 minutes later," I said to the driver.  "No problem," he replied.  Except that I never saw the guy again.  Started walking and about half way back another jitney drove by, which I successfully flagged down.  I have learned to tip the drivers, they are much more cooperative.  Duh! 



We are off to Indian Wells, hope to see some top players.....maybe? 

No comments:

Post a Comment