Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Seven

I had heard that Palm Springs was a huge gay mecca, but hadn't noticed it.  Until last night.  A party of seven gay men were seated next to us at dinner last evening.  I started to wonder about being "gay"?  I know one is born that way, but it must be a mixup of hormones -- you know a few too much of this and not enough of that.  What do you think? 



Not that I care, got several gay friends and my own brother was gay.  Sadly, he commited suicide in 1982 when his long-time lover decided to get married.  Too much family money for the guy to abandon, so he went underground.  Three kids now. 



Tomorrow it's India Wells for the tennis.  Doing my laps every morning, finally found a pool I can swim in without winding my way around the kidney-shaped variety.  Met a kindred swimmer yesterday and felt good because I am a much faster swimmer than she.  Isn't that awful!?  Feeling good because I can beat someone else hands down. 



God'll get me for that vanity.     

1 comment:

  1. This is about the 4th time I have written a comment - and just as I finish - WHAM it is gone!
    Happy you are enjoying your much deserved holiday.What a horrendous Winter we all are having.
    Hugs, B.

    ReplyDelete