Search This Blog

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Dogs?

Everywhere I turn there's a dog. This is a vacation spot and people bring their dogs?! Give me a break. A number of years ago I was in Brussels on business and yappy dogs were everywhere...and so was their....you know what. Disgusting. Same thing here. They bring them into restaurants!

We had a dog for years, but I would never have dreamt of bringing him on vacation. By the way, it's freezing here. Annoying. But I am enjoying the level of service we are afforded here. Some people I know well have the unmitigated gall to call them "wetbacks". How disgusting. The Mexicans who do all the work are the most friendly, hard-working people I have ever seen. What they put up with is an embarassment. We are not the most considerate of patrons.

Swimming today I dedicated every lap to my friend "D", who has been given a devasting diagnosis. She was the first person to befriend me at the Y pool when we moved to Calgary. Ever since we have had many laughs and many lunches. When I get back we will share more.

No comments:

Post a Comment