Search This Blog

Saturday, March 8, 2014

Joy and pain


Cousin "D" sent me a CD of photos compiled for his father's funeral.  My late Uncle Rollie, one of the greatest men you could ever have met.  The last of my parents' generation, he died in January and I went to Ottawa for the funeral.  Always in the moment, always positive, always supportive.  I adored him.  These pictures give me great joy and great pain.  I was blessed to have been a member of a great, great family.  Princes and princesses all.  The kindest and most loving people you could ever have met. 
Aunt Pat (my mother's youngest sister) and Uncle Rollie in their youth.  How gorgeous can you get?!

A typical Lindenlea Saturday night party.  Lots of high balls, lots of cigarettes and lots of laughs! 

Left to right, Aunt Betty, my Mother Lily, my Father Tommy, Uncle Rollie, Aunt Pat, Aunt Ruby, Uncle Charlie, cousin Carolyn, cousin Margo and Uncle Elgin.  My Grandmother Stapledon in the centre, of course.   

Bass fishing at St. Pierre de Wakefield.  He filleted the fish with a bottle cap!
 
My beautiful cousin Betty-Anne, dead of ovarian cancer at 56.  So tragic. 

Handsome, handsome, handsome..........

It was hard uploading these photos, crying as I did the whole way through.  May they all rest in beautiful peace.  

 
 
 




 
 

2 comments:

  1. They all look wonderful. Your mother was a very stylist and beautiful lady. One would suppose that is where you get it from. You have given me a good idea - to post some old pictures. Those were the days my friend we thought they's never end. Men were men - Woman were Women. Life was very very happy - war OVER!
    Thank you for sharing, Nancy you are blessed to have all these wonderful people be the architects of your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, those were the glory days. I thought everyone had a childhood like I did, but I guess not. No one ever got drunk, no one ever fought, breakfast, lunch and dinner appeared with perfect regularity, children were loved and supported. It was quite the life. I adored them all.

    ReplyDelete