Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Didn't make it

Dear "Hairburner",

Well Danny, we knew it would happen.  Got my hair cut.  I am now back to "normal", sporting sharply-shorn locks.  I may be kidding myself, but I think I look younger with cropped hair.  With my hair growing, I started to see a bonafide hag staring menacingly from the mirror -- you know the type, randomly curling hair sticking out here and there in all the wrong places, absolutely no style whatsoever....even the grey looked depressingly greyer.  I imagined it actually looking yellow!  Fear gripped me and I rushed to the local "chop shop", about which you warned me, and had it cut.

I feel so much better.  Out have come the HUGE earrings, the short skirts, the high heels and voila, I am back to being me.  I mean, how can I hit the pool every day and deal with long hair? 

Emmylou Harris, you're on your own.

5 comments:

  1. My Lord you make me laugh!
    Rock out your short cut and own it!
    Like I said earlier, even Emmylou Harris doesn't wake up looking like Emmylou Harris!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, none of us wakes up looking like "ourselves". If I have to venture into the public thoroughfare, I spend quality time with Estee Lauder, Lauren Hutton and other miracle workers -- my very best friends.

    One morning, as I peered into the looking glass at the troll who stared back, I said to B, "Imagine being a man and this is the best you're going to look all day."

    Yikes on toast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I haven't given up on growing out my hair a bit. My aim, is to visit a stylist who will create a new style for me, from my longer locks. I like my hairstylist, but for 15 years, she has cut my hair the same way (my request), and I'm afraid we are stuck in the mold. I want curls this time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go to Danny at Enigma on Wellington St. He is fabulous!

      Delete
  4. You haven't aged a day since my 50th Birthday Party and I have pictures to prove it and that my dear girl was 20yrs ago.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You know who I am so I'm not signing my name.

    ReplyDelete