Search This Blog

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Perfect

Watching two pretty good tennis players this morning at the Calgary Tennis Club whacking quite a few balls into the net B observed, "A lot more people could play tennis better if there wasn't a net."  I screamed!

"That's so passe it's passe," was another gem he dropped the other day.  "If you could only separate the crap from the crap", ranks right up there.  So does, "life is full of small victories and mediocre defeats."

He does have a way with words. 

3 comments:

  1. Mediocrity is the worst anyone could hope to be!
    As my late dear dear friend Contessa Maria Stella del Sera used to say "my dear call me
    anything but "nice"!!!! When I asked why - she stated "my dear" NICE is boring and full of
    mediocrity. That's all I've got for now.
    Keep it coming Nancy, your the best.
    Barbara Ann MacMahon-Firestone

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, today is the 11th and I don't have anything interesting to read from you!!!
    Now, my day shall not be complete !!!!
    Keep it coming Nancy, you brighten up a love of lives with your writing.
    Are you watching the closing of the Olympics??
    OMG I hope you NEVER have to downsize!!!!
    If I send a fur coat I'll bring it by hand!!
    Hugs, B.A.M.F.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We downsized when we moved to the condo in 2007. Believe me, it was hideous. But I put nothing in storage. For what? For whom? For when? I called an auctioneer, then hit the SallyAnn, then it was the curb. And guess what? I miss absolutely nothing with which I parted. Nothing.

      Delete