Search This Blog

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Not surprised

...when the woman walking out of the Y this morning, reading a stolen Calgary Herald, was the same b-tch I meet every morning when I swim.  You just knew it had to be she.  A common thief, except these people don't think it's stealing.  A stack of complimentary newspapers is put out every morning for patrons to peruse while they are enjoying coffee in the little cafe just inside the entrance.  But lots of people just take the papers and stroll casually out.  Cheesier you could not get.  Hey, let's all cancel our subscriptions and just steal the Y's!

"I guess you can't stop them from stealing the papers," I said to Kelsey, the young attendant at the desk.  "You know, I have raised it with management and they say we really can't."  "Why not?  What's the logic here?  What's next?  The Y pays for their food, clothing and rent?" I said, taking it to the limit of reductio ad absurdum.  She laughed because there is no logic.  And you can always tell by their locker room attitudes which women are the thieves.  Their sense of entitlement is immense.  I am sure these are the same broads who steal towells...........and whatever else they can lay their sticky mitts on.

Other pool news?  One local pool was closed due to an outbreak of "cryptosporidium and pseudomonas", chlorine-resistant bacteria.  Yuck.  The Y is fine...........for the moment, but who knows?  The Herald featured a front-page article on the guck in the city section this morning, which may be why there were fewer patrons when I went.  Thank you to all the slobs who don't shower before they enter -- another thing the lifeguards claim they can't enforce.  Now, if I were still a lifeguard........!

Being uber-friendly with the lifeguards has it's advantages.  Every morning I tell them I expect a lane to myself.  We all laugh, but somehow they know I'm serious.  Like this morning, one lane was being used for a private swimming lesson for a kid who couldn't swim.  "I'll tell them to move to the smaller pool so you can have that lane to yourself," said the head lifeguard.  "Perfect," I replied.  And she did and they moved.  Gotta' love that service.





No comments:

Post a Comment