Search This Blog

Sunday, April 7, 2013

How would she remember?

Met some friends for lunch yesterday at 'Notable', an excellent restaurant in Bowness here in Calgary.  "I remember you," said our waitress.  "No you don't, but thanks for being so polite," I replied.  "Oh no, I do remember you because I love your style," she said.  (I guess it's noteworthy when someone appears in public NOT in jeans.  I don't even own a pair.)   

She then proceeded to tell me what I was wearing the last time we were there, which was about four months ago.  I was amazed!  This girl could be a model.  She has a rather prominent nose and full lips, chiselled cheekbones and gorgeous eyes -- just the perfect sort of "imperfect" model.  Very tall and slim, with dark brunette hair, she is a knockout. 

Bowness is an interesting neighbourhood.  Full of dumps, one-offs, ugly strip malls, body shops, do-it-yourself renovations, updated cottages and roadside canteens, it is also inhabited by pretty good restaurants -- such as 'Notable'.  Reminds me a lot of Britannia in Ottawa, where we used to live, but uglier. 

Every morning behind our house, a young man in shorts -- yes, winter too -- walks his adorable Springer Spaniel with his baby daughter strapped to his back.  This morning I opened the back sliding door and chatted.  "Hey," I called.  "We love your dog!  Our daughter and son-in-law have one."  He stopped and we had a great chat.  I have decided to talk to all the regulars who frequent the field and path behind our place.

Still loving Calgary!        

No comments:

Post a Comment