Search This Blog

Sunday, April 14, 2013

The Royal Jelly

Well, Trudeau has clinched it.  He has the Royal Jelly and out it came.  There is no doubt in my mind that he will be the next Prime Minister because he just has "it". 

Looking back on the little boy I knew from Rockcliffe Park Public School who went to school with our kids, the little kid on the soccer pitch, the kid in the Christmas pageant, I find it hard to believe that he will be our next PM.  But he will.  Not that I particularly think he is a genius, but the public doesn't care about that when they vote. 

I well remember when his father was elected leader of the Liberals.  I was still living at my parents and Pierre had a friend who lived down the street.  After the convention, a gang of them arrived at the guy's house to celebrate and I watched Pierre alight from his sports car and enter the house.  I felt a surge of excitement.  Now Canada had a real leader -- a rock star, someone who would put Canada on the map.  He certainly did that -- Albertans hatred of him notwithstanding.  Man, they will also hate Justin out here.  On the "Trudeau" file, there is no logic in Alberta.  They are still 40 years behind. 

So we enter a new era.  Another Trudeau will lead us.  Poor Thomas Mulcair, he's dead.  Might as well pack his bags and move back to Montreal.  Exciting times ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment