Search This Blog

Monday, April 1, 2013

A fat day

250.  That is the number of swim laps I have not done because I have been under the weather.  Makes me a little sick.  "How many laps will that be?" is what I now ask myself when I look at a piece of food.  No wonder I was border-line anorexic in my thirties and forties. 

All that to say that yesterday was a bad fat day.  We took grandson Reed to the Easter party at The Ranchmen's Club and the groaning boards were laden.  Starting with oysters, it ranged from pork to lamb to lobster to roast beef to mac and cheese (for the kidlets) to potatoes of all sorts to eggs benedict to......you name it, it was there by the ton. 

The fruit was piled high -- unfortunately, I am not a fruit fan.  But then there was the coconut cream pie.  Hmm, should I get a piece for Reed?  Of course.  He didn't like it, so guess who ate it?!  It was so delicious.  Now I know what I am missing. 

After dropping Reed off with his mummy and daddy, we came home.  Dinner, what should that be?  Lettuce immediately came to mind.  What did I have?  A grilled cheese sandwhich and homemade mushroom and potato fritters.  What was I thinking?!

As I said, yesterday was a big fat day.  What are we doing today?  Well, Easter dinner with the family........a huge ham, with scalloped potatoes, squash and a little asparagus thrown in for green effect.  More fat. 

I need to get back into that pool! 

No comments:

Post a Comment