Search This Blog

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Cheap

Everyone who purports to be "allergic" to scents is actually allergic to cheap scents.  Let's get it right.  Cheap perfume is nauseating because it is made from extracts, not the real stuff.  Perfume made from extracts is chemical and nauseating.

Had that confirmed this evening when I grabbed a bite at our local watering hole.  Being on my own, I was sick of eating the same casserole three evenings in a row, so I went to 'Joey Crowfoot' and sat at the bar with a magazine.  All was well until a party of three women -- grandmother, daughter and granddaughter -- sat down beside me.  Suddenly, my nostrils flared.  Yuck!  Cheap perfume was seated to my right.  It filled my nostrils and sickened me.  You could not even breathe in without gagging.   

I have worn Oscar de la Renta for 40 years and no one has ever complained.  "No, I don't smell a thing," said my sister-in-law in Ottawa, when she told me she was allergic to scents.  "Well, I am wearing Oscar de la Renta, do every day and you have no reaction?"  None, she affirmed.  See, that's the deal.  Oscar is very expensive because it's the real thing -- beautiful and natural.  That's why she had no reaction.

Cheap is cheap.  Expensive is expensive.  Buy the expensive and no one will have a problem.

Met a new bartender at 'Joey'' this evening.  "How do you do," I said.  "Haven't met you before."  "No, I just started."  "Well, I know all the staff here and I am pleased to meet you.  What do you do outside of bartending?"  He then proceeded to tell me all about the nutrition degree he was completing.  Facinated, I bored him with my theories about sugar, water, thyroid problems and other stuff that I believe in.  What did he do?  Comped half my bill.

See, that's how it works. 

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Ha, ha! I love you, Faye. I told him I was usually "comped" when I went there. He said, "Well half this is on me." I told you, you have to be friendly, respectful and ask.

      Delete