Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

No clue

Listening to 'Q' on CBC this morning, they did a whole piece on "MILFs".  Could I figure out what that stood for?  No clue -- even though clearly they were talking about hot, middle-aged mothers.  The two women weighing in were on opposite sides of the debate.  Frankly, I was with the older one who had no problem with the nomenclature.

Finally the penny dropped.  It stands for "Mothers I'd Like to F--k".  Wow!  I had actually never heard the term -- probably because no one has ever called me that -- at least not to my face.  They even got into "GILFs" -- Grandmothers I'd Like to...........enough said, you get the idea. 

Apparently, a radio interviewer in BC was fired for asking Premier Christie Clark if she were insulted that many young men referred to her as a "MILF".  "I'll take that as a compliment," she replied, laughing.  The dumb station fired the guy.  Don't get that at all??

Figuring if CBC can do a whole 15 minutes on the subject, I can safely pen a blog.  So I did a little research and learned the term is usually used by young men, often when referring to a friend's mother.  Whoa!  You'd have to have quite the nerve to tell your buddy his mother was a "MILF". 

Who's the hottest "MILF" around?  No question, Heidi Klum, hands down. 

   

1 comment:

  1. A friend of my youngest son mentioned something like that at their graduation ball I gave for them at The Country Club in Aylmer in
    late 80's!!
    My youngest son gave him a black eye!!
    So much for MILF!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete