Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Whatever................

The wind is blustering, the trees are blowing over, the furnace is blasting (yes, I kid you not) and my flowers are screaming!  On yeah, and did I mention it's June 19th?  In Calgary?  Did I add the weather sucks?

It seriously does suck.  We're coasting into July and the furnace is on.  There is something terribly wrong with this picture.  I brag about our zone-three flowers "hardening off" because of severe weather conditions, but they only "harden off" for 10 minutes before the snow flies.  The poor darlings.  I almost cry when I look at them each morning, so sad, struggling and bereft are they. 

"It's environmental conditions," summed-up the Davey Tree guy yesterday when he came to assess our backyard shade provider.  Last Spring Davey came and fertilized our lone tree and I summoned them back this year.  Man, other than Prairie grasses, everything green and verdant gasps for life. 

My late mother swore by Davey Tree.  Think I have blogged this before, but she always said, "Never use anyone but Davey."  She was right.  They are the best.  So, I will have them do their thing and save our stressed backyard tree once again.  Living atop a hill with a lot of wind, we have no choice but to pamper that precious shade tree.

Now, if we could only get a bit of sun.................
          

1 comment:

  1. OMG. I feel so sorry for everyone there. My goodness could your son-in-law become a Fireman in Ottawa???
    Been thinking of all of you when I watched the weather last evening. So sorry - Oh, well, we could be in India!!!! My God those poor dear people. You are duly missed.



    ReplyDelete