Search This Blog

Monday, July 22, 2013

Really Hugh?

As special envoy to the commonwealth, something he gets paid for, Senator Hugh Segal should know better.  Interviewed a few minutes ago, he said..."As titular head of the Commonwealth, Her Majesty.....blah, blah."  Really Hugh?  The Queen is not the "titular" head, she is the Head of the Commonwealth; nothing "titular" about it.

I think he just likes saying the word, "titular", makes him seem very educated and erudite.  Never mind that it's incorrect.   

But aren't we all thrilled with the birth of the little baby prince who is third in line to the throne.  And for such a thin woman, didn't she produce a big baby!  Willow-waisted, The Duchess could almost have starred in an episode of 'I Didn't Know I was Pregnant'.  How dumb do you have to be not to know you're pregnant!?  Either that, or how fat.   

Speaking of weight, I knew if half a cheesecake beckoned from my fridge after a dinner party, I'd eat it.  Cheesecake is my one weakness -- well, in the food department that is.  I love it.  Sort of like, "If you build it they will come," my mantra is, "If it's in there, you will eat it."  Actually wanted to drive to Cochrane to give it away, but that fell through.

So I have almost finished devouring it.  Kidding myself, I don't even put it on a plate, just grab a fork and scarf a few bites here and there.  The worst part is I haven't been near the pool for a week because I have quite the summer cold.  That means 350 swims have not been swum. 

Sickening.        

1 comment: