Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Thoughts on Justin and marijuana

This letter appeared in The Herald this morning, don't know why I can't find it on-line, but here it is:

Dear Editor,

 
‘Up in Smoke’ is where many of Justin Trudeau’s votes have just gone after his pro-marijuana stance.  When his own kids grow up and if they “turn on, tune in, drop out”, as the late drug advocate Timothy Leary used to say, I wonder how Justin will react?  Pierre used to say, “the state has no business in the bedrooms of the nation”.  Drugs?  Quite a different story.

Nancy Marley-Clarke

This makes 21 letters in 23 months.  Naomi Lakritz wrote an excellent column on this the other day.  Google her and have a read. 

1 comment:

  1. I rather agree with Pope Francis who said
    "who am I to judge"!!!!!!!!
    Perhaps if marijuana were legalized like booze
    was it might take away the intrigue and stop the drug Lords. Who knows. My friend who has a son at U of T. at Trinity College told me
    marijuana is everywhere at the University!!!
    I am totally against it - but lets face it a lot of people are making a lot of money because it is illegal.

    ReplyDelete