Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

What?!

172 over 88.  That's what the blood pressure device registered.  Scary.  B had bought a machine so he could monitor his and I thought I'd be a fit smarty pants and see just how low mine was.  Wasn't.  Rushed to the doctor and it turned out I had positioned the sleeve in the wrong place.  Whew!  All normal.  She pronounced my heart very strong and I am ready for the 2K open-water swim in a few weeks.  Yay!

In addition to hanging out with Tom Jackson today, I had the opportunity to observe the Calgary dress code.  There is one in The Ranchmen's, no jeans and a collared shirt.  Of the 13 men in the dining room today, two wore ties. 

Calgary is informal.

One interesting, but depressing, sight was that of a "wife" who came with her husband who met two other businessmen.  She was dowdy, fat, stupid hair and ugly shoes.  The three men at the table -- including her husband -- completely ignored her.  Completely.  They didn't even glance at her and she didn't open her drab mouth.  Why was she there? 

It was so pathetic.  Shoot me if I ever become a wife like that.      

1 comment: