Search This Blog

Friday, July 5, 2013

Annoying

"Stop the tar sands," screamed a T-shit in Canadian Tire.  The guy wearing it was covered head-to-toe in footwear and garments made possible only by petroleum products.  Yes folks, he was an aging hippie.  With a beard.  And long-ish hair.  Ugh.  Bet he was also a vegetarian -- or worse a vegan.  In beef-laden Alberta?!   

He was also shopping in, and giving money to, a store dominated by products which have morphed from oil into "stuff", thanks to the tar sands. 

It kills me.  So annoyingly BS-ish.  I almost had a word with him, but was restrained by my more temperate husband.  "Don't get into it with the guy," he advised, as we stood in the check-out line reading his T-shirt.  Reluctantly, I restrained myself.  But the hypocrisy was breathtaking. 

Next time you spot a protester wearing plastic, think about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment